From now until Monday, May 4:
- Register as a supporter on our website www.nationalpetmonth.org.uk It’s free and only takes a minute.
- Go to our events page to check if there’s an event going on near you and take your friends and family along. If not, stage your own event and choose a favourite UK pet charity to raise money for. It could be a bake sale, a sponsored dog walk, a pet-themed fair or fete, an exhibition or something else. The only limit is your imagination!
- Visit http://www.nationalpetmonth.org.uk/events/overview for advice on how to put on a successful fundraising event and take the plunge! You’ll have fun and you’ll be raising funds for a really worthy cause – a UK pet charity that could really benefit from your help.
- Register your event on our interactive map. You can do this quickly and easily once you’ve signed up as a supporter.
- Once your event is live thousands of pet fans will be able to read all about it and help spread the word. It’s a fantastic way to help your event raise lots of money for pets in need.
If your event is not a fundraiser, or even not open to the public it’s still worth registering. This shows how you are helping to support the nation’s pets and helps spread the word about what’s going on around the country. It helps us too, as it provides a fuller picture of the amount of National Pet Month-related activities that took place when we come to review 2015’s campaign and gather support and sponsorship for the years ahead.
- Follow us on social media and encourage your pet loving friends and family to do the same. Our Facebook family can be found at www.fb.com/NationalPetMonth plus www.fb.com/joinScratchingPost for cat fans and www.fb.com/joinParkBench for dog fans. Tweet @NatPetMonthUK and join in the conversation and use the hashtag #NationalPetMonth so we can retweet you!
- Enter our competitions. Look out for these on our social media channels. We have some great prizes up for grabs so keep checking back for your chance to win, win, win!
- Read our Top 10 Tips For Responsible Pet Ownership and share them with your friends. They’re at the heart of our campaign each year and are a great check list to ensure our pets live safe, happy and healthy lives.
- Think about our 2015 theme – Pets and the elderly: enjoying later years together and if you have a story to share about an older person benefiting from sharing their life with a pet tell us about it via our social media channels or by emailing email@example.com You may even feature in this year’s campaign!
- Talk to your vet or pet shop and see what they are doing to mark National Pet Month. Perhaps they could stage an open day or some other kind of fundraising event in aid of a pet charity?
- Remember that National Pet Month is a registered charity whose key aims are to promote responsible pet ownership, make people aware of the mutual benefits of living with pets, increase public awareness of the role of pet care specialists and raise awareness of the value of working and assistance companion animals.
- Tell us how you are celebrating National Pet Month this year. Tweet us, Facebook us and email us with pics of you and your pets at firstname.lastname@example.org We’d love to hear from you!